Essential Design Elements That Make an Ideal Ergonomic Office Chair
Are you into a job that requires you to work long hours doing repetitive tasks? If yes, then you must not be new to the back pain, shoulder pain, neck pain, etc. Incorrect posture and faulty design of the chair is what contributes to the above problems. An ergonomic chair can be a solution to these problems. These are special chairs designed on the principle of ergonomics, which aims at offering maximum comfort without hampering the environment. They offer comfort and safety while working, which invariably increases your productivity and also alleviates all the possible health problems.
The Best Design
The best ergonomic chair is actually custom-made as per the posture of an individual, his body shape, size, and the type of work that he undertakes. These chairs can be classified as task chairs and office chairs. Task chairs are ideal for those who spend long hours doing repetitive tasks such as typing, writing, etc. Office chairs are ideal for those who only spend short time working on the computer but spend a long time at conferences, meetings, etc. These chairs have various features which provide maximum comfort to an individual. Most comfortable ergonomic chair includes the following features.
Adjustable Seat Height
Adjustable height of a seat allows a person to position his keyboard and mouse at an appropriate position. Ideally, the seat should be 16 to 20.5 inches off the ground. However, one can adjust this height according to his own height and the position of the keyboard. A vertically adjustable seat can be an added advantage. Besides, the seat should encourage appropriate posture. Legs should always be positioned horizontally, with at least a gap of an inch between the back of knees and the edge of the seat. Feet should lie flat against the ground or footrest.
This is the most important aspect of design. The chair should offer sufficient support to the lower back or lumbar vertebrae. Besides, it should also lean back to provide convenience and comfort. The seat cushioning should be well padded, preferably with memory foam. Ergonomic seat cushion should neither be too hard nor too soft. The seat should be at least 17 to 20 inches wide, while the backrest should be at least 12 to 19 inches wide. The seat and the back rest should preferably meet each other at a right angle.
The importance of arm rests in the chair design cannot be undermined. Their position often dictates the comfort to the neck, shoulders, and upper back. They should be vertically and horizontally adjustable, so that they can be moved towards or away from the chair. Similarly, vertical adjustment allows you to position arm rests according to the placement of your keyboard tray. They should not collide against the keyboard, instead slide away underneath it. Also, they should be cushioned.
Although, ergonomic chair should swivel easily and roll smoothly, it should also provide the required stability while working. The chair should be robust and sturdy and not fall apart easily.
There are a number of brands available. You can choose any of them as per your needs and comfort. One can go through online reviews to find out the types such as ergonomic kneeling chair, neutral posture chair, etc.
Did You Know?
With no private space needed for chair massage, it can be practiced anywhere.
Be it the chair or table massage, both are effective in calming your mind, relieving body stress, and uplifting your spirits. The type of massage you choose depends on several factors, the most important being affordability and time availability.
The following Buzzle article compares both these massage techniques on factors that may influence your decision on which one to choose.
Massage Chair and Table: Comparisons
Unlike a table massage, which is considered to be a whole body massage, the chair massage focuses on the upper body, namely the hips, back, neck, arms, shoulders, and the head. As the person is sitting during the massage, the therapist may find it difficult to effectively treat certain areas of the body such as the chest, hips, and legs.
There is no need to undress yourself when taking a chair massage. This technique allows you to have a massage when your clothes are on. However, warm clothes like jackets, sweaters, and gloves should not be worn during massage. In case of table massage, usually the clients are advised to disrobe in order to get a successful and effective massage treatment. So, if you are uncomfortable about undressing before a massage, receiving a seated massage should be your obvious choice.
People with time constraints would certainly opt a chair massage as usually it does not last for than 10-15 minutes. On the other hand, a table massage, which is a full body massage, will take at least 60 minutes of your time. So, when it comes to incorporating a quick, efficient massage in your busy schedule, what better way than opting for a chair massage. A table massage can be scheduled on weekends when you have enough time for yourself.
The massage chair takes less floor space as compared to a massage table, when in use. No wonder, the massage chair is a space-saving item. A chair massage sounds practical for those facing space availability issues.
A table massage often involves application of oil all over the body using long strokes. However, many times the oil does not get completely absorbed into the skin. As a result, you may experience a sticky or greasy feeling after the massage session. Also, use of massage oil can cause skin irritation in people with sensitive skin. So, if you are worried about skin allergy or don’t like leaving with a greasy feeling after a massage, think of trying a seated massage, as it does not involve any usage of oils or creams.
A table massage is always done in dedicated massage rooms. Keeping the recipient’s comfort in mind, a private room wherein the windows are closed is essential to practice table massage. On the other hand, a seated massage is a short therapeutic massage that needs minimal space and can be easily done in a small corner of a room. Moreover, you are fully clothed when taking a seated massage. Hence, there are no privacy concerns in this type of massage technique.
A seated chair massage is a short session that focuses more on certain areas of the body. This seated massage technique is effective for releasing shoulder tension and easing back and neck pain. As a full body massage targets all muscle groups, it is highly relaxing and an effective way to relieve stress and body ache. Hence, people coming home after a hard day’s work find a table massage more de-stressing than a chair massage. Thus, you may feel more relaxed with a full body massage.
Therapists who do a full body massage charge more than those who perform a chair massage. In the United States, for a table massage, you will priced anywhere between $70 and $100, depending upon the duration of the massage. Alternatively, a seated massage will cost you approximately $20.
Accessing and lying on a massage table can be difficult for the elderly and those suffering from injuries and chronic ailments like fibromyalgia. In such circumstances, a seated massage chair can come in handy, which is also found to be more convenient for the elderly.
After going through this article, one can definitely say that a chair massage is affordable and convenient enough to easily fit into your busy schedule. With no need for undressing, it is no surprise that a chair massage has more takers than a table massage.
Posts by category
- Category: Articles
- Five Survival Uses For A Chair
- Few Things To Remember Before Buying A New Recliner Chair
- Exercise Ball Office Chair
- Essential Pointers To Choose Good Chair Cushion Covers
- Ergonomic Desk Chair – A Quick Review
- Empty Chair Technique
- Electric Stair Chair Lift
- Daily Stress Relief With A Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner
- Could You Use A Better Chair Or Bed
- Chair Yoga For Heart Disease
- Chair Massage Vs. Table Massage
- Chair Exercises For Seniors
- Chair Aerobic Exercises
- Booster Seats And High Chair Are Safe For Your Kids
- Bean Bag Chair Pattern To Help You Relax In Style
- Category: Massage Chair
- Elegant Massage Chair Relief
- Awesome The Best Massage Chair
- Best Of Lazy Boy Massage Chair
- Lovely King Kong Massage Chair
- Best Of Ijoy Massage Chairs
- Awesome Massage Chair Zero Gravity
- Unique Cozzia Massage Chair
- Best Of Massage Computer Chair
- New Heated Massage Office Chair
- Lovely Htt Massage Chair
- Unique Interactive Health Massage Chair
- Elegant Earthlite Massage Chair
- Luxury Used Massage Chairs
- Inspirational Chair Massage Austin
- Beautiful Massager Chair
- Fresh Most Expensive Massage Chair
- Beautiful Asian Massage Chairs
- Lovely Reclining Massage Chair
- Unique Professional Massage Chair
- New Best Massage Chair For The Money
- Lovely Massage Chairs
- Fresh Osaki Os-4000 Massage Chair
- Beautiful Luraco Massage Chair
- Awesome Fuji Massage Chair
- New Chair Massager Amazon
- Best Of Brookstone Massage Chair
- Luxury Massage Office Chair
- Unique Ogawa Massage Chair
- Category: Office Chair
- New Diy Office Chair
- Inspirational Office Chair White
- Inspirational Pink Office Chair
- Lovely Modern Office Chair
- Fresh White Office Chair
- New Saddle Office Chair
- Fresh Office Chair Pillow
- Inspirational Blue Office Chairs
- Awesome Red And Black Office Chair
- Elegant Used Office Chairs
- Awesome Office Max Chairs
- New Office Chairs At Costco
- Luxury La-z-boy Office Chair
- Inspirational Black Office Chair
- Beautiful Tall Back Office Chairs
- Elegant Wooden Office Chair
- New Ribbed Office Chair
- Beautiful Office Star Chairs
- Best Of Office Chair Seat Cushion
- New Best Back Support For Office Chair
- Best Of Gaming Office Chairs
- Best Of Office Chairs Staples
- Luxury Office Chair On Sale
- Awesome Tall Office Chair
- Elegant Target Office Chairs
- Beautiful Hon Office Chair
- Beautiful Office Chair Casters
- Lovely Office Chairs Amazon
- Elegant Womens Office Chair
- Fresh Medical Office Chairs
- Lovely Executive Office Chair
- Lovely Office Chair No Wheels
- Fresh Aqua Office Chair
- Unique Rolling Office Chair
- Unique Tufted Office Chair
- Beautiful Office Depot Chair Mat
- Elegant Office Chair Seat Covers
- Beautiful Sleek Office Chair
- Best Of Ergonomic Office Chair Amazon
- Fresh Office Chair Cushions
- Best Of White Tufted Office Chair
- New Office Chair Grey
- Unique Steelcase Office Chair
- Awesome Office Chair With Lumbar Support
- Fresh Office Chairs Ergonomic
- Beautiful Haworth Office Chairs
- Unique Squeaky Office Chair
- Best Of Office Chairs For Sale
- Fresh Office Chairs With Lumbar Support
- Fresh Best Cheap Office Chair
- Lovely Race Car Office Chair
- Unique Reclining Office Chair With Footrest
- Unique Vintage Office Chair
- Awesome Bürostuhl